[mythtv] Walmart PVR

Michael Stearne mythtv_list at entermix.com
Mon Feb 3 17:00:32 EST 2003

I have just recently come across MythTV.  The interface looks amazing,
it's so polished.  My goal is to make the cheapest PVR possible (isn't
that everyone's).  This machine would be used only for MythTV and would
be headless, only using the TV for display.  Now, does anyone have ideas
on how inexpensive a usable (recording and playback) could be built
for?  I am looking at the Walmart PCs as a start:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1957333&cat=3951&type=19&dept=3944&path=0%3A3944%3A3951

On top of that, I would get a bigger hard drive and a capture card.
Could a USB card be used?  I do also have a WinTV card at that I could
use.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael