[mythtv] [Committed] Option to always use full screen for TV

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Dec 26 21:41:08 EST 2003

Doug Larrick wrote:
> On 12/26/03 20:11:32, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>> How did you create that patch? It took me a couple attempts
>> to get it applied. Did you create two patches in two different
>> directories then cat them together?
>

> Yeah.  I've got too many minor outstanding diffs to current CVS in my
> tree to do it in the straightforward way, unfortunately.  If there's a
> preferred way to generate cvs diffs of just specified files from
> different directories, please do let me know what it is.

No biggie. I know you can give a path to individual files and
I just tested and confirmed that you can name multiple files
on the commandline so:

cvs diff -u programs/mythfrontend/globalsettings.cpp libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp

would do the trick =).

>> The other thing that would be nice to have would be a key to
>> toggle between fullscreen and GUI size. This would be useful
>> for MythTV in a window on the desktop. Your option seems to
>> set the size when it creates the playback window. Do you see
>> an easy way to extend this to allow changing sizes during
>> playback?
>

> Just guessing here, but I'd say that would take considerably more work,
> as you'd need to reinitialize video decoding into the new size.  It
> would probably also require waiting for a keyframe.  Ugly, I say :-)

Actually, this feature used to exist before a big advancement
in the window handling back around 0.9 or 0.10. Keyframes matter
during decoding but the Xv resize can happen on any frame. It
would need to change the window size and Xv parameters at the
same time and do the right thing (if anything) for video outputs
other than Xv.

I'll just keep this on my to do list ;-).

--  bjm