[mythtv] mythvideo - category, country and genre

MaxPower maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Fri Dec 19 13:26:43 EST 2003

>First of all, thank you for working on a much needed feature. As for the
>database change for the category, please use the first method you
>describe. Integer comparisons (like the ones done in WHERE clauses) are
>almost always faster than full text comparisons, even when you're
>indexing (for example SUSPENSE gets converted to number form at some
>point down the line). You can always load up the list of categories
>once, keeping their id as reference, and only loading upon changes.

I agree with it's why I use this method (see my patch.sql)

>Can you add an additional column for length of video? Since not all
>video clips are in IMDB (like music videos, tv shows, etc) we can't
>always get that information, so it would be nice to at some point
>populate that field from video file headers. For now it can be
>manually populated, much like the other meta data you've added.

We don't need an other field for that just use the same files than imdb use.
I would like to make this but I don't search how to get runtime from
files header.
But it's in my todo list except if a other person make this feature
before me ;-)

showlevel is the parentallevel.

Thx for your comments !
xavier