[mythtv] Preview release 1 of the new theme G.A.N.T.

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 09:29:00 EST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 02:01, Bruce Markey wrote:
> David Engel wrote:
>
> > Bruce, have you done anything else to G.A.N.T. to make sure the
> > important stuff is visible in the standard TV viewing area?
>
> No. This is one of the better themes for keeping text away from
> the edges. The problem screens usually are the EPG and description
> text on the playbox and priorities pages. Here it's a little
> tight but better than some other themes.
>
> Another spot that seems to be a problem for all themes is
> any page with the large rectangle for lists like the proglist
> or priorities pages. It would probably be better if there was
> a new frame where the rectangle was a little shorter with maybe
> one or two fewer viewable items in the lists. This would allow
> a little more space at the top and bottom. The menu choices at
> the bottom of the finder and priorities pages are usually too
> tight against the bottom edge.
>
> --  bjm

Another problem area seems to be the settings wizards.  This is probably
not theme-related, since I don't think the settings wizards are themed
(layout-wise, that is).  But in in playing around last week, I finally
got the perfect overscan, only to discover that the edges of the
settings dialogs were off-screen.  Just thought I'd mention it.

-JAC