[mythtv] Best practice to install mythtv cvs in Gentoo

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Mon Dec 1 13:21:30 EST 2003

On Sunday 30 November 2003 14:15, Oriol wrote:
>      Hi, can anybody tell what is the best practice to mantain installed
> the last mythtv cvs in my Gentoo? Do I need to create an ebuild tu do this?
>

> Thanks FYI ;)
> Oriol

I've been using a set of mythtv CVS ebuilds hacked from the mythtv ebuilds in
portage for a while.  These are only "works-for-me" quality, which is why I
haven't mentioned them previously.  Mythweb doesn't install, and I haven't
yet bothered to fix it.  Everything else builds (at least, it did the last
time I tried), but I have only actually used the mythtv, mythweather,
mythmusic, and mythvideo ebuilds regularly.  You can get a tarball suitable
for installation into PORTDIR_OVERLAY at
http://user.pa.net/~dbblm/mythtv-cvs-ebuilds.tar.bz2.  Use at your own risk,
etc. :-)
--
  Andrew Mahone