[mythtv] Re: Moving freqencies into config file

Andreas Weder aweder at mac.com
Tue Dec 9 07:59:46 EST 2003

Philippe,

> > It would be easiest if we could adjust the frequency table in,
> > let's say, an XML file, especially when using the ATrpms.
>
> I use fine-tuning feature to correct for the minute frequency
> differences. in the archive you'll find a formula to calculate them.
> works perfectly for me (cablecom, plz=8125).

I guess you're referring to the 62500 Hz resolution of the
finetune field?

I know about that. But the channels themselves won't match.

E.g.

SF 1 is on 175.60 MHz.

Since I'm using the europe-east tables (== europe-west plus
additional frequencies), I have to specify channel "E5" in
the freqid field in the "channels" table plus a finetune
value of 5 or 6.

I'd prefer if I could use a freqid of "K05" (as specified on
the Cablecom site) and then only slightly finetune that value.

That would allow us to write a small Perl script for Switzerland
which:
- takes you ZIP (PLZ)
- grabs the channel table from the Cablecom site
- calculates the finetune value
- generates SQL output

Combine that with the alternative German XMLtv grabber, which
retrieves data from the TV.movie site, and we would have a complete
setup for Switzerland, which could work for all users, which are
Cablecom customers (most people in Switzerland, I guess).

What do you think?

Andreas