[mythtv] archiving to dvd

Kevin Elliott kevin at phunc.com
Sat Dec 6 06:24:04 EST 2003

>Great feature idea!!
>
>But wouldn't it be even better if the recordings data followed the file
>somehow, almost like a tag, but an extra file, so all formats is
>supported (*.mythinfo). And within that file where the details of the
>recording that where exported. Although this would be something more
>elaborate than what you are implying, but would be more feature-full, if
>one could specify multiple *archive* locations that would be searched
>after the main location...
>
>> Is anyone else doing something similar already?
>
>Not to my recollection, no..

Might I suggest something like mythinfo-metadata.xml to describe all
files in the current directory? Or perhaps filenameofvideo-mythinfo.xml?
It would be appropriate for the extension to identify the file type, and
sticking with xml makes that data much more useful for utility programs
(i.e. generating archive reports, etc). Just my 2 cents.

Kevin
kevin at phunc.com
http://www.kevinelliott.net