[mythtv] patch - yes, delete, and also forget recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Dec 5 15:47:22 EST 2003

Kirby Vandivort wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:27:42AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
>>>Sometimes Myth incorrectly records something.  This is virtually never
>>>Myth's fault.  Usually, the game ran late, which pushed all the subsequent
>>>shows back, or the station changed their schedule, or something..
>>>
>>>In cases like that, it would be nice to be able to tell myth that you
>>>want to delete the incorrect recording, and to go ahead and pick that
>>>particular recording up again next time it is on so that you don't miss
>>>that episode.
>>
>>Looks like a good idea.  I wonder about the use of "correct" vs "incorrect"
>>though.  What if I just want to tell Myth "delete this now to free up disk
>>space, but if it ever comes on again I'd like to watch it again".  That's
>>a use of your new option but isn't really "incorrect".  You could just
>>have DoDelete() and DoDeleteForgetHistory() or something like that.
>

> True, the variable name could change.  I agonized over the wording
> as well.  The button has multiple uses, like the one you mentioned, but
> I couldn't come up with something that described what it actually does
> without it being longer than I wanted.  For savvy users, they understand
> what is going on behind the scenes and know whether or not to choose
> that button, but describing what is happening to others is trickier.

I don't know if this is any better but how about "delete this
and allow this episode to be recorded again in the future" with
tmpmessage "Yes, delete and allow re-record" or something
similar.

The opposite would also be useful. Say Nova is showing a rerun
from two years ago three times this week. I've seen it so I
don't need to record any of them.  On the override page there
could be a choice for "I've already seen this episode". It
should still add an override type 2 in case it doesn't match
the duplicate policy then also add an entry to oldrecorded.

--  bjm