[mythtv] patch - yes, delete, and also forget recording

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 5 11:39:44 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 11:27:42AM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > Sometimes Myth incorrectly records something.  This is virtually never
> > Myth's fault.  Usually, the game ran late, which pushed all the subsequent
> > shows back, or the station changed their schedule, or something..
> >
> > In cases like that, it would be nice to be able to tell myth that you
> > want to delete the incorrect recording, and to go ahead and pick that
> > particular recording up again next time it is on so that you don't miss
> > that episode.
> Looks like a good idea.  I wonder about the use of "correct" vs "incorrect"
> though.  What if I just want to tell Myth "delete this now to free up disk
> space, but if it ever comes on again I'd like to watch it again".  That's
> a use of your new option but isn't really "incorrect".  You could just
> have DoDelete() and DoDeleteForgetHistory() or something like that.

True, the variable name could change.  I agonized over the wording
as well.  The button has multiple uses, like the one you mentioned, but
I couldn't come up with something that described what it actually does
without it being longer than I wanted.  For savvy users, they understand
what is going on behind the scenes and know whether or not to choose
that button, but describing what is happening to others is trickier.

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and
Senior Research Programmer            Computational Biophysics
Email: kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~kvandivo/    University of Illinois
Phone: (217) 244-5711                405 N. Mathews Ave
Fax  : (217) 244-6078                Urbana, IL  61801, USA