[mythtv] mythmusic crashing

Daniel Paessler paessler at gmx.de
Sat Aug 30 15:53:00 EDT 2003

hi,

mythtv works fine here, i use it some time now and only had
a few problems, nothing big...
since i upgraded some libraries on my system (gentoo), mythmusic
crashes with a segfault and there is some scratchy noise out of my
speakers, which only disappears on reboot. so i upgraded mythtv to the
latest cvs and tried again, same result.
in order to give you help helping me, i compiled mythmusic (all other
works fine!) with debug option enabled. so can you give me a hint, what
i should do next, to give you some information about the crash?
mythmusic is the module i use most, so this is hard for me :(
i think i should use gdb to debug, but don't know how to use properly.
so please, can anyone help me?

thanks daniel

--
email: daniel at paessler.org / phone: +49 3722 83884
fax: +49 89 244365117     / web: www.paessler.org

Unix IS user friendly, it is just selective about who his friends are.