[mythtv] mythmusic bug

Rick Weldon rick at nova.org
Thu Aug 28 01:51:26 EDT 2003

When using the flac encoder if the FLAC_file_encoder_init fails (for instance
the output file is not writeable for whatever reason) mythfrontend crashes.

if (FLAC__file_encoder_init(encoder) != FLAC__FILE_ENCODER_OK)
    {
        cout << "Couldn't init encoder.\n";
    }

    for (int i = 0; i < NUM_CHANNELS; i++)
        input[i] = &(inputin[i][0]);

In the snippit above from flacencoder.cpp, even though it can't init the
encoder it still tries to execute the for loop and segv's.  I'd submit a
patch but I'm not familiar enough with the code yet to know the best way to
fix it.

Rick