[mythtv] Re:Transcoding pvr-250 files

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Aug 27 13:47:12 EDT 2003

> Well, the problem is that all of the seek information (which is normally
> stored in the database) gets deleted when you hit 'X'  In mpeg4/rtjpeg
> nuvs, this information is stored in the file, so that's not a problem,
> but in mpeg2 streams, we store it in the database (I never liked this
> solution, but whatever).  I am not sure what the best way to handle this
> is.  I consider it a bug that the code doesn't work without a seek table
> (i.e. it should build one or estimate one)...However, I could probably
> write a little utility that would rebuild the seek-table in the case
> where you want to restore your mpeg2 nuv.

The commercial flagging program will do this for you if it can't find a
seektable.  It works for both mpeg4/rtjpeg and mpeg2 files.  It doesn't
modify the file, but will store the seektable in the database for both
types of files (nuv/mpeg2).  I also have a code snippet somewhere to
directly edit a non-mpeg2 .nuv file and create the seektable at the end
if one doesn't exist.  I think it can even fix the old seektable, but I
can't remember (it's been a while since I wrote that).

--

Chris