[mythtv] Re:Transcoding pvr-250 files

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:00:49 EDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:29:11 -0400, "Christopher Hash
chash-at-actgate.com |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <0rqrhk90120t at sneakemail.com>
said:
> Also, what is the _correct_ procedure for restoring the .old
> backed
> up version.  Just renaming it seems to confuse parts of mythtv.  For
> example, I tried just renaming, and rerunning, and it played it ok, but
> the
> cutlist editor wouldn't run at all.

Well, the problem is that all of the seek information (which is normally
stored in the database) gets deleted when you hit 'X'  In mpeg4/rtjpeg
nuvs, this information is stored in the file, so that's not a problem,
but in mpeg2 streams, we store it in the database (I never liked this
solution, but whatever).  I am not sure what the best way to handle this
is.  I consider it a bug that the code doesn't work without a seek table
(i.e. it should build one or estimate one)...However, I could probably
write a little utility that would rebuild the seek-table in the case
where you want to restore your mpeg2 nuv.

.Geoff