[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:17:28 EDT 2003

On 18 Aug 2003 14:07:38 -0700, "Chris Petersen lists-at-forevermore.net
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <o8f8hesx3k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > Question:  how do you expect ffmpeg to determine the frame-size of raw
> > data?  It seems like that would be very painful.
>
> no clue, but in the ffmpeg documentation, it says something to the
> extent of "if ffmpeg can't determine the size, you must specify it".

right, this is assuming there was a file header, whiche there isn't.

> > The same is true of the audio sampling rate.
>
> audio worked fine.  It's just wav data, no?    That should have the
> sampling rate encoded into it.
Nope.  audio is in raw form (in general 16bits per sample little-endian).
 Again, no header information.  If you encoded at 44.1kHz, most programs
will assume this, so you probably didn't notice.  However, I encode at
32kHz, which means everything sounds like chipmunks if I don't set the
audiorate.

.Geoff