[mythtv] MythChannels droped.

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Tue Aug 19 01:11:48 EDT 2003

Ramon Roca wrote:

>Also I thought that you first request was to setup everything in a single
>column, are you now forgetting that requirement?

Quote self from Aug 4th:
"
         o As discussed: Why do we need that separation at all, if the
           PIDs are usually chosen automatically anyways? I don't
           totally oppose the separation, but it makes things a bit
           more complicated.
"
Kenneth in the meantime explained that splitting them up is necessary
for CAM support.

Quote:
"
         o If you separate them, you must read/use them all in dvbchannels.
"
That's what my code snipplet addresses.

>I see that you don't care of throwing those extra pids to the player, are
>you sure that it will not give any problem to the player?

Yes, quite sure, and I already said so.

>I'm not even sure how to call even the apids

pids_stereo maybe? But they include dolby pro logic, of course, so
"stereo" is not really good either.

>note that the expression "boss" was just taken from some of you own previous comments.

Yes, from how it works in the Mozilla project, to my personal
experience. (Which is the project and process *I* am used to, that's why
I mentioned it. But it's certainly not a perfect or even good process.)

Ben