[mythtv] Transcoding pvr-250 files

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 15 08:59:03 EDT 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:04:05 -0400, "Vinton Coffman
vintonc-at-redzone.com |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <661whj4npx0t at sneakemail.com>
said:
> I I'm using cvs from yesterday, Aug 13.  Transcoding seems to encode
> the video file but the audio seems to be gone.

That doesn't sound good.  I think the answer is for me to get off my lazy
ass and get my pvr-250 working.  I'll make that this weekend's task,
assuming nothing comes up (not relishing getting it to work with my
2.5.73 kernel).

Can you try (a) running on a video with no cutlist, and (seperately) (b)
setting your Transcode profile to use raw-audio and encode a program with
a cutlist?

Note that on successful transcoding, the cutlist will be removed, so you
should either back it up, or create a bogus one for testing.

Also, your original nuvs will be stored as .old in your myth directory,
so you can just rename them back to .nuv and bye-bye
broken-transcoded-file.

Thanks for the report.
.Geoff