[mythtv] Transcoding pvr-250 files

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Thu Aug 14 22:04:05 EDT 2003

I I'm using cvs from yesterday, Aug 13.  Transcoding seems to encode
the video file but the audio seems to be gone.  The pvr records at
720x480 and the default audio and video bit rates.  The transcoding
profile is set to 640x480, mpeg-4, bitrate 4000, max and min quality
and quality diff all at default values, scale bitrate, enable HQ
encoding, and enable 4MV encoding all checked,  Audio settings are
sampling rate 48000, codec = mp3 and mp3 quality = 4.

Beside not playing audio, skipping forward locks the frontend.

I'm not using autotranscode.  I hit M while watching the video, Z to
load cutlist, M to go back to watching and then X to start the
transcoding.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vinton