[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 14 15:00:25 EDT 2003

> Is mpeg2enc superior to vcodec=mpeg1video in mencoder? As far as I know
> neither are able to encode MPEG2 streams...

well, mpeg2enc makes mpeg2, and mpeg1video makes mpeg1.   svcd is mpeg2,
vcd is mpeg1.  depends on what you want, but generally speaking, mpeg2
is better.

> Not sure what there may be of such things but you're usually better off
> compiling it yourself anyway. If you don't, you won't get all the
> speedups you could.

that's what source rpm's are for.

> Anyway, if you really want a CVS RPM I can create one for you and put it
> up on my website...

as long as cvs has a spec file, I can build that way.  I can't do much
for the next few days, anyway...  new website launch at work, and that's
my job, so there's a lot to do.

-Chris