[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Aug 13 22:49:36 EDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:47:09 -0700, "Chris Petersen
lists-at-forevermore.net |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<o8f8hesx3k0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > The only solution seems to require a muxed stream, which sucks.
>
> Or you could just not use a fifo/pipe for the audio.  My svcd encoder
> just write the audio to a file while it encodes the video that mplayer
> puts into a fifo for me (I use mplayer to decode nuv to yuv, rather than
> doing a stream copy into an avi).  Then again, 600 megs or so of audio
> data sitting on my drive for an hour or two while the video encodes
> isn't a big deal to me.
The problem is that since mplayer reads the -audiofile at an irregular
rate, it is possible for it to reach the end of the audio-file, in which
case it detects it as eof, and the rest of the encoding is done with no
audio (in fact, this isn't just possible, it happens to me every time)

So I'm still out of ideas.  I think it is particularly painful when using
raw video, because of the huge discrepency in size between the video and
audio frames.  Thus it is hard to cache enough video to get a decent
audio buffer.  Oh well.

.Geoff