[mythtv] transcoding with cutlist

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Wed Aug 13 08:17:00 EDT 2003

ons, 2003-08-13 kl. 01:39 skrev Geoffrey Hausheer:
[musings about fifos and mencoder/mythtranscode interaction]
> Well, a couple of minutes work, and I have a crude hack that writes out
> raw audio and video to two sepearate files from withing mythtranscode.  I
> was then able to build a divx from those raw files using mencoder, so I
> assume this can be done with named pipes too.  It should also allow
> working with mpeg4 and mp3 files such that mencoder doesn't need to
> reencode the files (I haven't tried any of that, i'm just guessing).  the
> down side will be that there is no longer any audio/video sync info, and
> with dropped frames/commercial cuts, it is likely that there will be
> audio drift.

Okay, well it's a great start I'd say. Most of the shows I want to
archive only have 'junk' at the beginning and end, no advertising in the
actual broadcast (that is not always the case but for most of my needs
it is). I would like to test it on a couple of files when you feel
you're ready for that.
> Not sure what to do about that.  Perhaps files can be synced in
> mythtranscode, but I'm not really sure how.
Good question. Maybe the extra frames 'hack' from mythmkmovie after each
cutpoint will do the trick? Alternating 14 and 15 extra video frames I
believe it was... (black frames).

If you can manage to write out separate mpeg4 and mp3 streams and get
mencoder to splice that it's basicallya home run :) - I guess raw video
takes up a LOT of space...

--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>