[mythtv] Trick play patch

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Mon Aug 11 16:01:50 EDT 2003

This patch reworks and enhances the trick play funtionality in the
following ways.

Combines several funtions (DoFF and friends) into one function to
share common code.

Makes most (all?) of the trick play controls callable in a single line
of code in TV::ProcessKeypress().  This makes it easier for people
(like me) to customize the key bindings.

Tries to make the OSD position reporting more accurate when ff/rewind
repositioning is enabled.

Adds bindings to advance/rewind 1 frame and 1 second when the video is
paused.  The rewind 1 frame actually does more than 1 frame, but it's
close enough for now.

Adds bindings to increase/decrease the playback speed, eg. fast and
slow motion.  This is currently a brute force hack that artificially
manipulates the video frame rate.  Slower systems might not be able to
reach the desired fast motion speed, in which case, they will go as
fast as they can.

Because 'cvs diff' didn't do a good job of conveying some of the
changes in tv_play.cpp, I'm attaching that file along with the patch.

David
--
David Engel
dlengel at attbi.com