[mythtv] DVB Status

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Mon Aug 11 16:12:02 EDT 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>Try using dvbstream with the exact same params that you have in the dvbchannels table.  Much of the code for myth is directly lifted from dvbstream so this may be a good test.
>
>This sounds really like your card is not tuning to the channel correctly.  When this happens no output is read from the device, and myth locks up in the way you described (there appears to be a problem that the frontend can't easily spot when it has stopped receiving data completely and hence can't avoid locking up)

That turned out to be a good idea.

Dvbstream reads maybe 10k or so records and then returns an error
"resource unavailable" (-1). There was no error checking on the read. I
used the -o option to send the output to /dev/null. The rtp output
behaved the same way.

Xine continues to run flawlessly on the same stream and same driver.

I'm now comparing block sizes, open codes, .... Maybe time to poke
around the linux-dvb list.

Steve