[mythtv] DVB Status

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Sun Aug 10 16:48:42 EDT 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>>Did you test mplayer/tzap though?
>>

>Darn, yes, you are absolutely spot on.  The card is generating cr*p.  It
>kills mplayer within seconds usually.
>
>I should have tried this before but I couldn't get dvbstream from
>sourceforge on friday (kept refusing connections), and yesterday I spent
>most of my time just trying to get modules to load.  I guess I was also
>distracted by the fact that it had seemed to work OK with the old version of
>the app (must have been coincidence)
>
>Anyway, sorry for the duff report.  Thanks for your work on this.  I'm
>loosing enthusiasm at getting ANY card to work with DVB-T here in the UK,
>but I will have another play with these drivers later this week

Hopefully, still in the spirit of this thread ...

I'm trying to get a Nova-S card (w/o decoder) to work w/ mythtv (current
CVS version). It works w/ xine, so I'm sure the card is delivering.
 I've installed the MythChannels .10 patch and code as well at the
current linuxtv 1.0.0 dvb drivers.  Mythtv works fine with my PVR350,
although I started w/ a clean database for this test. I had a few
problems initializing the database for a DVB-S card, though nothing that
mysql couldn't fix. Once I get things working, I'll report in more detail.

The backend tunes the card and reports FE_HAS_LOCK.
Running Mythtv produces a blank screen and no console output other than
a "connecting to backend..." msg.  Changing the use_ts flag (0 or 1)
seems to make no difference.

The backend output is at the end of the post.

Any ideas?

Steve

[root at Test mythtv]# mythbackend
Starting up as the master server.
DVBChannel: Changing to channel 3 on card 0
Using DVB card "Alps BSRV2"
tuning DVB-S to L-Band:1073774735, Pol:v Srate=22000000, 22kHz=on
polling....
Getting frontend event (NEWSTRUCT)
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC
Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: 33924
SNR: 52428
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_SYNC
SetPID:  4028 4062
2003-08-10 15:12:25 adding: Test as a player 1
2003-08-10 15:12:26 adding: Test as a player 0
MainServer::HandleRecorderQuery Command:SETUP_RING_BUFFER
2003-08-10 15:12:26 adding: Test as a player 0
2003-08-10 15:12:26 adding: Test as a remote ringbuffer
MainServer::HandleRecorderQuery Command:SPAWN_LIVETV
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
MainServer::HandleRecorderQuery Command:IS_RECORDING
MainServer::HandleRecorderQuery Command:GET_FRAMERATE
MainServer::HandleRecorderQuery Command:REQUEST_BLOCK_RINGBUF
Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
MainServer::HandleRecorderQuery Command:REQUEST_BLOCK_RINGBUF