[mythtv] Mplayer and certain .nuv files

Sam N. Max (snx) snx at rogers.com
Thu Aug 7 17:57:06 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Moeller" <martin at martinm-76.dk>
To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] Mplayer and certain .nuv files

> I spoke too soon.
>
> The files I've run through MythTV's transcoding routines refuse to play
> properly and in effect refuse to encode into .avi files... It is as if
> Mplayer thinks it is not at 0:00:00 but, say 0:02:01 (matching the cut
> point that transcoding cut away). Can these files be regenerated with
> reset index values or something?
>
> /Martin.

Transcoding isn't really effected by that kind of change since it only has
to do with seeking, unless of course the transcode also requires seeking.

I don't think the problem with the way videos play (without seeking) can be
fixed through regenerating the index.  I think it might have something to do
with th eway Mplayer demuxes the videos, but perhaps not.

- Eron