[mythtv] Mplayer and certain .nuv files

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Thu Aug 7 20:51:07 EDT 2003


I spoke too soon.

The files I've run through MythTV's transcoding routines refuse to play
properly and in effect refuse to encode into .avi files... It is as if
Mplayer thinks it is not at 0:00:00 but, say 0:02:01 (matching the cut
point that transcoding cut away). Can these files be regenerated with
reset index values or something?

/Martin.

tor, 2003-08-07 kl. 07:47 skrev Martin Moeller:
> Super, Max!
> 
> That fixes my problems (at least on the few files I've tried.)
> 
> I'll try to integrate that with the general patch and post it to the
> lists. It's probably about time anyway :)
> 
> /Martin.
> 
> tor, 2003-08-07 kl. 06:30 skrev Sam N. Max (snx):
> > ----- Original Message ----- 
> > From: "Martin Moeller" <martin at martinm-76.dk>
> > To: "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
> > Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 6:27 PM
> > Subject: [mythtv] Mplayer and certain .nuv files
> > 
> > 
> > > Hi there.
> > >
> > > Lately I have had MPlayer going bonkers on certain .nuv files but not on
> > > others. I'm not yet sure what is the reason. Some of the files are from
> > > before the teletext work I did, but not that many (since most have
> > > already been deleted). Many of the files that MPlayer breaks on contains
> > > teletext streams, but according the the patch these should be ignored
> > > and if so, that is not the problem. The problem usually occurs about 28
> > > seconds in. It varies whether it breaks is decode_audio or video_frame,
> > > sometimes all I get is massive disk activity and something like this:
> > 
> > I'm not sure what's causing it to just die in the middle, as I've been
> > having that problem as well and couldn't track down the issue.  However,
> > there is a problem with the seek code in that it does properly handle text
> > frames in the video stream.  This happens in the libdemux code.  On mine I
> > quickly fixed it so it would work, by adding the following after the "else
> > if ( rgjpeg....frametype == 'A')" block of the demux_seek_nuv function:
> > 
> >     else if ( rtjpeg_frameheader.frametype == 'T' )
> >     {
> >         curr_pos = stream_tell ( demuxer->stream );
> >         stream_seek ( demuxer->stream, curr_pos +
> > rtjpeg_frameheader.packetlength );
> >     }
> > 
> > Probably should just move the code that seeks outside the if statements
> > since it applies to all frametypes (well, except for one that I know of that
> > doesn't occur while playing the video).  Also the mplayer seek code could
> > use an update to make use of the seek table, as any slightly long seek
> > currently requires going through a lot of the video (also sucks to seek at
> > all over any slowish type connection like wireless).
> > 
> > - Eron
> > 
> > _______________________________________________
> > mythtv-dev mailing list
> > mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
> > http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
> 
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> 
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-dev mailing list
> mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-dev
-- 
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>



More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list