[mythtv] Feature Request: Starring

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed Aug 6 19:57:27 EDT 2003

Martin Moeller wrote:

>I need to look into making tv_grab_dk report stuff like movie, tvshow,
>series etc in the primary(?) category field and just add my own
>afterwards...

You should output 2 category tags - one for the real, human-readable one
and one for the content type (movie, tvshow etc.). If you don't have a
real category in your source, you can use the first category tag for the
content type, if your source provides that. If your source doesn't
provide the content type either, you could "recognize" it either in your
grabber or in mythfilldatabase - the latter place is used for
tv_grab_na; not sure what's the better one.

>star-rating and sub-title are my own modifications. I haven't heard much
>from the author about it yet. I'll look at modding it some more...

Ed Avis is really dislikes modifications of the format, if I understood
him correctly.