About Channels lists: [mythtv] Fw: DVB Big PATCH, Part I - for CVS pls

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Wed Aug 6 00:05:27 EDT 2003

> How about adding a "special" group called [Favorites] or something like
> that which can be used to manage the favorites?
>
> Hmmm, no that would be silly, better the other way around: why not
> change the EPG so that it knows about groups?
> That way it could be made to show only the programs from one particular
> group (which you can change of course).
> The ? could still be used to add/remove the currently selected channel
> to/from the currently selected group.
>
> Would be easy for families as well: John's Favorites, Judy's Favorites,
> etc.
>
> But probably this is exactly what you had in mind anyway, isn't it? :-)

Oh yes, should be something like that, having an "active" list, a hotkey to
change it, and then apply that to the EPG, down/up keys etc. Regarding to
favorites, don't you think that they have to work just like now? So then you
still have favorites within the context of a channel list...
Note that still a lot to do here however. I do only populate the lists with
bulk loads of channels, I did already here because if not, I was going to
miss something that was present at the sources, and later on could be
interesting to use, all the other, including some kind og editing
capabilites of the list still have to be done... any help on this will be
very wellcome ;-)

Good night to everybody