[mythtv] mythtv-commits and clear saved position patch today.

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Aug 4 23:39:50 EDT 2003

The patch applied to CVS today concerning clearing of saved bookmark
positions breaks existing functionality that I know I and several others
that I have spoken with today use.

The previous functionality would allow a user to have the "Automatically
Clear Saved Position" option turned OFF and they could manually clear
a bookmark by hitting Space or RETURN when watching a video that had a
bookmark set.  Now, if I have "Automatically Clear Saved Position" turned
OFF, in order to clear a saved bookmark, I have to rewind all the way back
to the beginning of a video then hit SPACE/RETURN to set the bookmark
to the beginning of the video (which still isn't actually clearing
the bookmark, just setting it real early in the video.

The change today provides virtually no functionality enhancements unless
someone's got an itchy trigger finger on the SPACE and accidentilly unsets
bookmarks.

--

Chris