[mythtv] File Size Limitations

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Sat Aug 2 10:56:52 EDT 2003

Eric, your email probably hasn't recieved the reception you would have
hoped for, so I have taken the liberty of translating your email so that
Isaac and the others can more effectively understand what you want:

Using my leet skillz to debug why mythbackend was dying, I discovered
that my filesystem doesn't support file sizes larger than 2gb.  Now, I
know you have spent like a bazillion hours working on this program, but
if you spent another billion, it would be so much more to my liking.
Here is how I would like you to fix it for me:

1)  Because I'm using a lame filesystem, please develop the esp module
for mythbackend so it can properly detect the lame filesystem, and split
the files when they get bigger then 1mb.
2) Please have the esp module for mythbackend warn cluebies (such as
myself) that using FAT32 for large files is utterly insane; but please
be gentle with the message. . . I don't want it to damage my fragile
ego.  After all, I am a Certified Microsoft whore.
3) You know that esp module I asked you to write, well I need you to do
some more work on it some more. . . I want it to open up a black hole
and envelop my entire computer when it detects its reached the limit of
the filesystem I have so intelligently choosen to use.

In closing, because you are all geeks and don't mind spending the rest
of your lives in a dungeon, I would like you to solve all my problems.
Its getting kind of late, my mommie makes me go to bed a nine o'clock;
so my email confuses even myself.