[mythtv] "Transcoding" PVR-[23]50 output

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 1 17:54:35 EDT 2003

Grr...dunno what happened to my reply the first time, let's try again...

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:27:10 -0500, "Russ Southern
russ.southern-at-cox.net |mythtv/1.0-Allow|"
<mn39hiurn30t at sneakemail.com> said:
> (Posted to MythTV-Dev since I'm testing against latest CVS)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sorry for the interminable post - trying to cover all the bases.

> list.
>
> I've been working in vain the last few days to concoct a
> commercial-cutting,
> re-encoding solution for PVR-250 MPEG files.  Looking for opinions before
> I go off the deep end...

In theory this should have worked (though a 100MB file sounds way too
small).  However, I've never tested it, so I can't say.  on my 1.6GHz
box, I can transcode at ~1:1.2 realtime from rtjpeg to mpeg4 9so it takes
about 1:20 to encode 1hr of video.  That is without reencoding the audio.
So I dunno what kind of box you are running on, as to whether 4hrs for
4GB is reasonable or not.  I have a PVR250 sitting here to test the
transcoder with, but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet.  Note
that mythtranscode produces an nuv file, so it will only work with a
patched mencoder.  Also, the method of dealing with cutlists isn't
supported by the mencoder patch as far as I know, so ~1sec around cuts
may look pretty nappy.

.Geoff
--
  Geoffrey Hausheer