[mythtv] DVB-T

matt.jarvis at philips.com matt.jarvis at philips.com
Fri Aug 1 16:34:15 EDT 2003

By the sounds of it, I'll hold off until after the weekend :) Having said
that I am itching to try this so I may well fill the database by hand over
the weekend - got saturday to myself as my other half is going out for the
night. Couple of quick questions first though :

1. Are you guys all working from current cvs ?

2. I have heard some conflicting things on this list about which dvb
driver works with the myth code - I am using the latest linuxtv driver (
not dvb-kernel just the plain DVB ) - can u confirm which driver works
correctly ?

3. This is a bit OT but I've had problems with getting dvb and bttv to
load at startup - is anyone else seeing this ? The modules.conf entries
with the driver don't seem to do anything. If I modprobe the dvb modules
from /etc/rc.d/rc.local then bttv doesnt work saying it can't find
/dev/video ( any of them - and I have tested this with xawtv trying
multiple different video devices ). However, if I do exactly the same
commands from a shell after everything has loaded it works fine - very
confusing. I've got a feeling it's something to do with the char-major-81
entry, which in my redhat setup is set to bttv, but I don't really
understand enough about the modules.conf aliases to sort this out. Should
this be aliased to videodev, and then bttv and dvb added as
char-major-81-0 and char-major-81-1 ? Any ideas ?

I'm really glad you guys have  persevered with this - I know Isaac
occasionally mutters about getting rid of the dvb code as nothing seems to
be happening with it, but I think without dvb support Myth will lose users
in Europe - and for my money it's a lot better program than any of the
others out there :)

Matt