[mythtv] Questions

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 07:28:29 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 09:28:13AM +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> Main question - does anyone know how to use an UIRT2 with Linux? LIRC
> doesn't seem to support it yet and the UIRT2 people seem to only 'support'
> it in Windows (with Girder).
[snip]

You've already guessed at the answer I'm going to recommend, though you
won't like it: write the module for LIRC. You get a number of benefits
when you do so.

1) Any program which gets along with LIRC (which, technically, is all of
them, whether they admit it or not) gets along with your UIRT2.

2) You only have to write the code which interfaces to the UIRT2, as the
rest of the code is already written for you.

Now, should you decide to still write everything yourself, I'm going to
recommend reading the LIRC code. After all, they've written everything
you need, and that should mean you'd be able to just copy the code you
want to copy, and write the specific parts you need for yourself.

I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but it's the best one
I've got.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net