[mythtv] Re: mkmovie

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Tue Apr 29 18:07:43 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:30:11AM -0700, Charles Choukalos wrote:
>  Now having said that... what I'd like to suggest, is
> a simple addition to your script (this is what I used
> to rip my DVD movies).
> I do my rips based upon 700mb CD sizes.
> If a move is > 89mins length, then its fit to 2 CD's,
> otherwise it fits to 1 CD.
> If a movie is considered LQ (ie cheesy movie, not
> super interested in it, or recorded with really low
> resolutions)... anything less then 120 mins is 1 CD,
> otherwise its 2 CDs.

Well, actually, this is (more or less) already supported. Set the
bitrate for a single input file, and you'll be able to do the rest. Now,
I don't have the burn to cdr code yet, and I'm not sure what I'd do when
I start seriously pondering it. But the rest of what you do can be made
a bit easier already.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net