[mythtv] Couple of questions and an issue...

wwinright at attbi.com wwinright at attbi.com
Tue Apr 29 21:35:47 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions and an issue.

The issue/bug? is with the rewinding of live TV using the PVR. It works great,
until I change the channel and then it seems to not buffer. It also appears that
I have no forward capabilities. I've been watching the lists and haven't seen
anything to this affect being reported, so I'm leaning towards something messed
up on my end.

My questions are:
Has anyone using the PVR card seen any issues with something that I wouldn't
nessecarily call a stutter, but maybe frames dropping, especially during slow pans?

And, has anyone seen odd lines appear on the borders of characters(people) in a
show during bright scenes, heavy action, gunfire, etc.? (I have seen something
similar on my Laptop when playing DVDs using certain video-players...)

A little about my setup. CVS as of Monday morning. Latest ivtv driver(today).
Harddrive is using DMA and with an hdparm test getting speeds of 32.2 consistently.

If anyone can give me any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks, and over all, MythTV set side by side with XP Media center kicks a$$.

Wade