[mythtv] Feature suggestions/requests

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Tue Apr 29 17:09:32 EDT 2003

Jeff Nuckles wrote:

>a priority based system where programs can be given a priority rating

While I don't think the current system is "awful", the priority would be
helpful in another case, namely when I have 2 card with different
qualities and with (some of) the same stations. For example, I have an
analog tuner and a DVB card and the receivable stations overlap (but not
completely). If there are 2 shows to be recorded at once, I'd like the
one I prefer to record using the higher quality DVB card and the other
one using the analog card.

(Actually, it is theoretically possible that I prefer one show (e.g.
Star Trek), meaning that given the choice, I would record that one, but
it doesn't need a high quality recording, so if there is an action movie
to record at the same time, the action movie would use the better card
and ST would use the lower quality card, but if I can record only one of
them, then I'd record ST. I don't know, if that is too complicated or an
edge case.)

For now, it is far easier for me to just buy a another DVB card, so I
don't know, if I'll ever implement something like that.