[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sun Apr 27 23:25:30 EDT 2003

Edward Wildgoose wrote:

>Ben has done a lot more work on this in the last few days, and perhaps it is worth waiting for him to post a new revision before trying it anyway?

I just uploaded version 11, although version 10 was reasonably current.

Just an update about the status: Reading from the dvr device works (part
of the problem was that I initialized isopen with true, so it thought
that it was already open and didn't open the device, duh). The main
thing left, from what I can see, is ts->es conversion (MythTV ideally
wants MPEG-ES streams, not PS, PES or TS, right? Can you confirm that,
please, Isaac?) and the PID filtering that usually comes with it (not
needed for full card, but budget ones and multiple-channel-per-card
feature).

>As I understand it, tuning now works correctly, but he is currently working out how to convert a ts mpeg stream to a ps one, and that is taking time (anyone have any ideas on how to do this, please drop him a note offlist)

duh. I should have read your post to the end before replying :-/.

Ben