[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

ramon.roca at xcombo.com ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Sun Apr 27 20:37:05 EDT 2003

Ben, you are amazing!! Cheers!
I've been out for a few days and I've got that nice surpise.
I have a DVB-s (full features, with hardware MPEG-2 decoder), and I wanted
to give a try to your patch, however, while compiling, it says that doesn't
find the DVB heeaders. I went to the makefiles and then point where I have
my drivers, however it still says that can't find the headers.
The dvb drivers that I have are the ones at www.linuxtv.org
(linuxtv-dvb-1.0.0.pre2).
Maybe I did something wrong, actually I'm just starting on this and I did
not very much research on that, however, just in case that you read this,
please confirm me that we are using the same drivers.

This stuff is not my area of knowledge either, and extra time for this is
also that I don't have in large quantities, specially during the week, but
to help in using DVB at mythtv is something that really challenges me and
I'll love to contribute.

Ramon.