[mythtv] PVR 250 issues...

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Apr 18 12:27:40 EDT 2003

On Friday 18 April 2003 11:21 am, wwinright at attbi.com wrote:
> The hack worked, and now I show a boatload of available inputs. I chose
> Tuner, as usual, and went about starting up the backend, which seemed to
> start fine, then the frontend. But when I get to the Codec chooser in
> Setup>Recording, I'm not sure what to choose. I was under the impression
> that the PVR 250 would enable MPEG2 to be used. When I attempt to use one
> of the other codecs (RTJPEG, MPEG4, Hardware MJPEG) I get various errors,
> all from ivtv. Is this a driver issue? Or should I be setting up recording
> differently?

What errors?  As long as you have 'Hardware MPEG Encoder' selected as the
cardtype in the 2nd section of setup, it should just work.  Basically, it
ignores most of the recording profile stuff.  The only setting that's used is
width/height of the capture, as that's pretty much the only modifiable
setting of the ivtv driver as yet.  I'm eventually going to add codec setup
stuff for it in the setup->recording section, but there's little reason to
for now.

Isaac