[mythtv] Recording Profiles

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed Apr 16 18:17:06 EDT 2003

Chris Palmer wrote:

>Isaac Richards wrote

>>>Could you elaborate then.
>>>
>>>The recording profile for LiveTV are being used for recording a
>>>scheduled recording.  That's unexpected behavior, as well as undesired
>>>behavior.  I expected it to use the Default recording profile for
>>>scheduled recordings.
>>>

>>If you want it to not use the LiveTV profile, don't tell it you'll watch along
>>with the recording.  Exit out of watching live tv and start watching from the
>>playback screen once the recording has started.
>>

>that seems counter-intuitive to me.  why would you ever want
>to record a show to disk using the LiveTV profile?  If you
>wanted to do so, why wouldn't you create a recording profile
>with those options?

I can think of one reason.
Perhaps the user's machine isn't grunty enough to record to disk and
watch simultaneously using the "Default" profile. Since watching live tv
is more demanding than just recording without watching some people may
have profiles that reflect that fact. If it was done as you suggest,
people with “Default” profiles too demanding for their systems to play
at the same time would not ever be able to watch an in progress recording.

Cedar