[mythtv] DB Schema Suggestions

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 16:15:30 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 14:27, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> Anyhow,  I agree that support for an archival format would ba a big gain
> for myth, but I think it is better to work within the bounds of myth, as
> it makes it easier for the end user.

Actually, this bit of scripting is, in my mind, nothing more than a
stopgap solution. It's useful (and even kind of nice) in the short term,
but it is something which should be thrown out in future when a proper
solution comes in.

In fact, I think of this only as an early bit of prototyping for such
future functionality. It'll help whomever DOES do this work (since I
most definitely don't have the time to do it myself) to know what things
have been done, what works, what doesn't, and why. To that end, I'm
doing this. But for anything else, this is definitely NOT a solution.