[mythtv] How to inform mythbackend that a program is ready to be recorded...

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Apr 6 18:02:11 EDT 2003

Leandro Dardini wrote:
> I am unsatisfied by the current manualrecording addition. I was waiting for
> something that let me program a recording for a given date, time and
> channel... so I recode it.
>
> It was a simple, but tedious work. The big work was already been done by
> Chris Derossi, (thank you), I simple throw away the m_tv code and add a
> keyboard interface (over 40 buttons, from A to Z and others) to be able to
> insert the title with the remote controller, plus a simple interface to
> insert date and time of start and choose what channel to record.
>
> What is the problem? After filling ProgramInfo structure with the recording
> data, as Chris Derossi do, I issue a
>
> ProgramInfo proginfo;
>
> ... some code to fill proginfo...
>
> progInfo.Save();
>
> progInfo.ApplyRecordStateChange(db, ScheduledRecording::SingleRecord);
>
> In mysql I can see the info correctly added to mythconverg.record table, but
> mythbackend seem to ignore them... If I stop and restart mythbackend, the
> program is recorded and the record is moved to recorded and oldrecorded
> tables.
>
> So the big question is: How can I inform mythbackend that a record is laying
> in mythconverg.record table?

It looks like the scheduler reruns if hasChanged() is true
when finding RecordChanged = 'yes' in the settings table.

ScheduledRecording::signalChange(QSqlDatabase* db)
(see line 342 in MC/libs/libmythtv/scheduledrecording.cpp)
does the deed but maybe it sould be only be called by
something like ScheduledRecording::save(). Trace other
things that add to 'record' and see how they get to
signalChange().

--  bjm