[mythtv] How to inform mythbackend that a program is ready to be recorded...

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 7 01:18:16 EDT 2003

I am unsatisfied by the current manualrecording addition. I was waiting for
something that let me program a recording for a given date, time and
channel... so I recode it.

It was a simple, but tedious work. The big work was already been done by
Chris Derossi, (thank you), I simple throw away the m_tv code and add a
keyboard interface (over 40 buttons, from A to Z and others) to be able to
insert the title with the remote controller, plus a simple interface to
insert date and time of start and choose what channel to record.

What is the problem? After filling ProgramInfo structure with the recording
data, as Chris Derossi do, I issue a

ProgramInfo proginfo;

... some code to fill proginfo...

progInfo.Save();

progInfo.ApplyRecordStateChange(db, ScheduledRecording::SingleRecord);

In mysql I can see the info correctly added to mythconverg.record table, but
mythbackend seem to ignore them... If I stop and restart mythbackend, the
program is recorded and the record is moved to recorded and oldrecorded
tables.

So the big question is: How can I inform mythbackend that a record is laying
in mythconverg.record table?

Leandro