[mythtv] buglet in cvs?

Grant Taylor mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 00:58:09 -0400

>> switching back from 32000 to 44100 khz audio, so now I have nothing to

> Yeah -- fixing that audio stuff's on my TODO list for before the
> next release.  Going to have to break the existing file format,
> which is why I haven't done it yet.

Yes, I went looking earlier and there was no apparent audio rate
stored in the myth-nuv header.  Unless it's readily visible in the
mp3/ogg stream itself, I guess that's that.

While you're breaking things, you might want to put some pad and a
version in the header or something for next time.

> I'm just applied everything but the font size changes.

Yeah, it should definitely be a bunch of proper settings, or maybe in
the theme, but I was too lazy ;)

Speaking of bugs, the only two substantive bugs I've seen are:

 - Watching the thing being recorded fails when you ffw off the end or
   the recording stops and you're watching in the middle.  In both
   cases the mythtv menu pops up.  The ffw/rew/pause progress
   indicator also has a gibberish total length number for in-progress
   recordings.  In Tv it looks like the watching a recording state is
   the same for finished and in-progress recordings; maybe there are
   one or two places where it has to know the difference?

 - The ffw/rew hang bug.  You said you thought it might be an audio
   sync problem, and it does act like it: if I wait between ffw button
   press for the audio to seek and start again, it never hangs.  If I
   just spew ffw buttons at it, then it'll stop keeping up with the
   audio and will hang in short order.  It appears to always hang for
   about 1 minute or so.

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor<at>picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
    Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/