[mythtv] seg faults when changing channel...I checked that the dbase contains data

Chris Kleeschulte mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:23:16 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_026C_01C25511.AF416A20

I am trying to learn about CRT's and digital video and such. I wondered =
about why my mythtv video seems pixeled and somewhat blocky up close. =
The picture is far superior to the regular analog picture from the =
analog cable, but I was wondering why the picture would become =
pixelated? I compared myth to a my direct tv receiver's output. The =
direct tv is also digital video (mpeg2). The direct tv seemed less =
blocky and pixelated and I wondered what the difference was. Don't get =
me wrong, the picture is fine, I am just wondering about this for =
curiosity's sake.

My nvidia geforce4 mx 440 says it has full scene anti-aliasing, but this =
applies to the opengl function of the gpu. Am I missing something here? =
Would anti-aliasing help in this situation to smooth the edges =
especially concerning fonts and lettering?

I am running the resolution of the X server @ 800x600 and the tv picture =
is 640x480, does this make a huge difference? Should I attempt to match =
the X resolution to the tv output resolution?

thanks,
Chris

------=_NextPart_000_026C_01C25511.AF416A20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I am trying to learn about CRT's and =
digital=20
video and such. I wondered about why my mythtv video seems pixeled and =
somewhat=20
blocky up close. The picture is far superior to the regular analog =
picture from=20
the analog cable, but I was wondering why the picture would become=20
pixelated?&nbsp;I compared myth to a my direct tv receiver's output. The =
direct=20
tv is also digital video (mpeg2). The direct tv seemed less blocky and =
pixelated=20
and I wondered what the difference was. Don't get me wrong, the picture =
is fine,=20
I am just wondering about this for curiosity's sake.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>My nvidia geforce4 mx 440 says it has =
full scene=20
anti-aliasing, but this applies to the opengl function of the gpu. Am I =
missing=20
something here? Would anti-aliasing help in this situation to smooth the =
edges=20
especially concerning fonts and lettering?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>I am running the resolution of the X =
server @=20
800x600 and the tv picture is 640x480, does this make a huge difference? =
Should=20
I attempt to match the X resolution to the tv output =
resolution?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Chris</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_026C_01C25511.AF416A20--