[mythtv] New Mythtv user with Matrox Marvel G200TV

Seth Wonder mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:42:31 -0400

There is indeed external command functionality in the existing code - it's
just undocumented/unspoken. ;) The code currently only acts as a 'global'
command (eg, it applies to all cards if you have more than 1). I have seen
quite a demand for this in the past week or two, so I think there will end
up being some code contributions to it ....  Anyway, last quote from Isaac
regarding the externalcommand functionality is:

>It should be.  If you add a line like the following to your settings.txt
file:

>str ExternalChannelCommand=changechannel
>
>With 'changechannel' being the program to run on channel change, it'll
execute
>that program like 'changechannel 57' if you tune to channel 57 on a
non-tuner
>input of the capture card.  I don't know if anyone's tested it or anything,
>so YMMV.
>
>Isaac

Apparently someone has discovered some issues regarding tuning high channel
numbers with it, however (>125?)... and has throw together a little blurb
about the options to 'fix' it. You may want to hop on
irc.openprojects.net/#mythtv and watch the convo in there, as this is
generally often discussed. =) hopefully your G200TV issues will manifest
into something positive, because it sounds like it could prove to be a nice
myth solution... I too intend to use mythtv w/ my dtv receivers (controlled
via serial port as well).. perhaps we can collaborate on this if you are
interested?

Re,
Seth (skitzo)