[mythtv] Early start/late finish programs

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:14:18 -0400

On Friday 11 October 2002 11:45 am, Justin Hawkins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Unless I've missed something there is currently no support for an arbitary
> early start/late finish setting for recording programs.
>
> Are there any plans to add somthing like this?
>
> I don't know about anyone else, but here the stations are notorious at
> both starting early and finishing late.
>
> I might be NTP synced, but they don't seem to be :-)
>
> 	- Justin (who just missed the last 5 mins of the movie)

I've added something of this to CVS.  There's now a setting in the
settings.txt file that lets you select how much longer to record a program in
seconds.  It defaults to 0, and will only over-record if there's nothing
being recorded immediately after the current recording.  No early starting,
though.

Isaac