[mythtv] Database question/problem

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:54:32 -0400

On Friday 11 October 2002 10:29 am, johns@dvt-inc.com wrote:
> OK,  Here is what I found last night.
>
> 1) I could not change channels because of a problem with my sound card.
> The NuppelVideoPlayer::GetPause was never returning correctly, therefore
> libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp:TV::ChangeChannel (around line 1380) was getting
> stuck in the while loop. I hardcoded the value of disableaudio to true in
> NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp and I can change channels (without audio).  I'll work
> on the live audio later. I am really interested in recording for now
> anyway.
>
> Just a thought.  Do I need two sound cards to watch live TV?  One to do
> the recording and one to play back?

No, you shouldn't need two cards -- what kind of card are you using, which
driver?

> 2) Once I was able to change channels I can see that the program guide and
> channel number on the screen were as expected, for example if I manually
> change to channel 21 I get the program information for channel 21 and 21
> shows in the upper right hand corner of the screen, but it tunes to
> channel 20.  My quick fix was to change a line in
> libs/libmythtv/channel.cpp:Channel::SetChannel (line 165) adding one to
> the index.

Can you stick this line in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp  at line 911 for me and let
me know what it says?  Should be triggered by a recording..

cout << thequery << " " << chanstr << " " << inputname << endl;

And I'd also like to see your capturecard, cardinput, videosource, and a few
lines from your channel tables from the database..

Isaac