[mythtv] Database question/problem

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:35:39 -0400 (EDT)

>On Friday 11 October 2002 10:29 am, johns@dvt-inc.com wrote:
>> OK,  Here is what I found last night.
>>
>> 1) I could not change channels because of a problem with my sound card.
>> The NuppelVideoPlayer::GetPause was never returning correctly, therefore
>> libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp:TV::ChangeChannel (around line 1380) was getting
>> stuck in the while loop. I hardcoded the value of disableaudio to true in
>> NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp and I can change channels (without audio).  I'll
>work
>> on the live audio later. I am really interested in recording for now
>> anyway.
>>
>> Just a thought.  Do I need two sound cards to watch live TV?  One to do
>> the recording and one to play back?

>No, you shouldn't need two cards -- what kind of card are you using, which
>driver?

I use the ATI TV Wonder VE video capture and a soundblaster AWE64 sound card.

Capture Device ATI TV Wonder VE Driver: bttv

Sound Creative SB AEW64 Driver: sb

Video nVidia GeForce2 MX Driver: Card:NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)

During setup I use /dev/video0 and /dev/dsp

>> 2) Once I was able to change channels I can see that the program guide
>and
>> channel number on the screen were as expected, for example if I manually
>> change to channel 21 I get the program information for channel 21 and 21
>> shows in the upper right hand corner of the screen, but it tunes to
>> channel 20.  My quick fix was to change a line in
>> libs/libmythtv/channel.cpp:Channel::SetChannel (line 165) adding one to
>> the index.
>
>Can you stick this line in libs/libmythtv/tv.cpp  at line 911 for me and
>let
>me know what it says?  Should be triggered by a recording..
>
>cout << thequery << " " << chanstr << " " << inputname << endl;

I scheduled a recording of channel 25.  Here is the entire output from
mythfrontend:

Probed: Television
Probed: Composite1
SELECT channel.channum,cardinput.inputname FROM
channel,capturecard,cardinput WHERE channel.chanid = 1025 AND
cardinput.cardid = capturecard.cardid AND cardinput.sourceid = 1 AND
capturecard.cardid = 1; 25 Television
Changing from None to RecordingOnly
strange error flushing buffer ...
Changing from RecordingOnly to None

>And I'd also like to see your capturecard, cardinput, videosource, and a
>few
>lines from your channel tables from the database..

I hope this comes out readable.  If not let me know and I will post it to
a web site.

mysql> select * from capturecard;
+--------+-------------+-------------+----------+----------------+
| cardid | videodevice | audiodevice | cardtype | audioratelimit |
+--------+-------------+-------------+----------+----------------+
|      1 | /dev/video0 | /dev/dsp    | V4L      |              0 |
+--------+-------------+-------------+----------+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from cardinput;
+-------------+--------+----------+------------+-----------------+------------+-----------+
| cardinputid | cardid | sourceid | inputname  | externalcommand |
preference | shareable |
+-------------+--------+----------+------------+-----------------+------------+-----------+
|           1 |      1 |        1 | Television | NULL            |
NULL | N         |
+-------------+--------+----------+------------+-----------------+------------+-----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from videosource;
+----------+-------+
| sourceid | name  |
+----------+-------+
|        1 | cable |
+----------+-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from channel where channum=25;
+--------+---------+----------+----------+-----------------+------------------------------------+----------+--------------+---------+
| chanid | channum | sourceid | callsign | name            | icon
| finetune | videofilters | xmltvid |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+-----------------+------------------------------------+----------+--------------+---------+
|   1025 | 25      |        1 | ESPN     | Channel 25 ESPN |
/root/.mythtv/channels/espn_30.jpg |        0 | NULL         | 25      |
+--------+---------+----------+----------+-----------------+------------------------------------+----------+--------------+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

ql> select * from singlerecord;
+--------+----------------+----------------+------------------+----------+---------------------------------------+
| chanid | starttime      | endtime        | title            | subtitle |
description                           |
|   1025 | 20021011120000 | 20021011123000 | Baseball Tonight |          |
Nightly baseball news and highlights. |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

>Isaac

Thanks for your help Isaac!