[mythtv] Controlling/cooperation with mythtv from other applications

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 14:10:47 -0400

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 01:17 pm, Robert Rozman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like mythtv, but I have complex home automation/multimedia system so I'd
> like to use mythtv in combination with some other applications (Misterhouse
> as automation engine, Freevo as partial gui, mythtv as TV-pvr ...). Is
> there any chance to send/receive commands or events from/to mythtv to be
> able to integrate in other applications ?

Not really, no.

> How can I change overall look of mythtv - is it skinnable?

The menus and OSD are fully themeable.  The program guide colors (category
background colors, overall background, text/etc) are fully customizeable, but
the feel can't change, aside from having a bar at the bottom showing the
current program title in a larger font or not.  The rest of the UI can be
modified as much as Qt's theming system allows you, which is quite a bit with
respect to colors and widget styles, but the overall widget placement can't
changed without modifying the source.

Isaac