[mythtv] Controlling/cooperation with mythtv from other applications

Thor Sigvaldason mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:33:28 -0400

On Tuesday 08 October 2002 02:10 pm, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 October 2002 01:17 pm, Robert Rozman wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I like mythtv, but I have complex home automation/multimedia system so
> > I'd like to use mythtv in combination with some other applications
> > (Misterhouse as automation engine, Freevo as partial gui, mythtv as
> > TV-pvr ...). Is there any chance to send/receive commands or events
> > from/to mythtv to be able to integrate in other applications ?
>
> Not really, no.

	Well ... not to differ with Isaac, but there is one subtlety here. I've been
working on MythWeb (slowly, but it is coming). One of the stated goals of
that project is to build a set of basic services (proably web services on
port 80) that will use a simple XML-schema to do things like get listings,
flag a program for recording, etc. Don't get your hopes up though ... a 1.0
of the current mythWeb is still some distance away, and only after that will
I start seriously thinking about re-engineering the basic functionality as a
set of core services.

BR,

Thor

Thor Sigvaldason <thor@sigvaldason.com>